Donate to RCONA
Latest Forum Topics
Full topic ›
Full topic ›
Categories See All →
Groundwater Wells to be Activated in Roseville Beginning January 27, 2014water wells drought
Due to unprecedented dry weather conditions and low water levels at Folsom Reservoir, the City of Roseville will be activating back-up groundwater wells within the city to preserve water levels at Folsom Reservoir. Groundwater wells will be active starting the week of January 27, 2014 and operated until further notice. Customers receiving groundwater will receive a reminder phone message close to activation of the groundwater wells. Groundwater served to your home is safe to drink and meets all state and federal drinking water standards.
To learn more about drinking water served from groundwater wells go to www.roseville.ca.us/wells or call 774-5750. The following questions are all answered there:
- Why is Folsom Reservoir so low?
- Why is water being releases from Folsom Reservoir?
- Why are the wells being turned on?
- When will the wells be turned on?
- What wells are being turned on and what areas are going to get groundwater served to them?
- Is the groundwater served to us safe to drink?
- Will the City of Roseville notify us when we are back on water from Folsom Reservoir?
- What is Roseville doing to get residents and businesses to reduce their water use?
- Can water customers install water softeners in their homes?
- How do you measure a 20 percent reduction against my water use?
Water Supply Update from the City of Roseville -- drought_preparation_011613.pdf 445.13KB 61 downloads
DryFolsomLake.com FAQ Flyer -- FLWC FAQ Sheet.pdf 627.41KB 97 downloads